Simon Davies considers the issues with current endodontic irrigation, along with proposals for a safer solution.
Simon Davies is the Managing Director of CleanCert, a company that specialises in innovative water purification and dental infection-control products.
This course is equivalent to one hour of Enhanced CPD. To answer the questions and obtain a certificate, please complete the course and take the quiz at the end. Providing you complete the course and the answers are correct, you will gain access to the certificate claiming procedure. Once completed, your certificate will be issued and sent to the email address you provided.
The aim of this article is to discuss shortcomings of current endodontic irrigation, along with proposals for a safer solution through the use of a biocompatible dental irrigant
1. Understand the procedures that need to be performed for successful endodontic treatment outcomes
2. Understand that irrigation of the root canal complements mechanical debridement and is important for tissue healing and killing bacteria
3. Understand that the success rate of endodontic treatment is higher if the root canal is free from bacteria at obturation
4. Understand the ideal characteristics of an endodontic irrigant
5. Understand how to avoid the risks associated with some root canal-disinfecting liquids.